Friday 15th & Saturday 16th March 2024
9am – 5pm
Pirbright (venue TBC)
This course is carefully designed for small exclusive groups to ensure optimal attention from tutors. For this reason I have to enforce a strict cancellation policy which i urge you to read before booking. Last minute cancellations can potentially cause a whole course to be cancelled risking the loss everyones bookings not to mention prepared willow, armatures, venue hire and food preparation.
This is a sculpture course. Unlike a craft such as basketry (where you follow a prescribed method) in this course you will learn how to create layers of shape, and be guided to develop form, as Sara teaches you her unique and specialised techniques of additive sculpture using stitches and weave.
In this two-day course, students will have time to learn in-depth, the techniques Sara uses to create her willow sculptures. She will guide you through the process from beginning to end. You will learn how to create a basic armature and how to work from pictures and photographs. Sara will guide you through her additive method of willow sculpture to create a densely woven, realistic looking deer.
This course also includes a useful eBook to download and work through before the course which will help you to prepare for the sculpting experience.
- Tools and equipment, willow types and preparation for sculpture, how it is grown for craft, where to source it and tips on how to grow your own.
- Preparing the armature.
- Binding, sewing and weaving techniques to begin sculpting the inner shape and form of your deer.
- Sculpting techniques, maintaining shape and form.
- Adding details such ears, antlers and tail
- Surface texture weaving technique.
- Aftercare and maintenance
A vegetarian lunch will be provided on the day + plenty of Tea, coffee & biscuits.
Full cost – £300 (balance payable on or close to the workshop date)
(To secure your place we require a £100 booking fee to be made online)