Friday 9th & Saturday 10th April 2021
9am – 5pm
Pirbright (venue TBC)
In this two-day course, students will have time to learn Sara’s in-depth techniques she uses to create her willow sculptures. She will guide you through the process from beginning to end. You will learn how to create a basic armature and how to work from pictures and photographs. Sara will guide you through her additive method of willow sculpture, to create a densely woven, realistic looking deer.
- Tools and equipment, willow types and preparation for sculpture, how it is grown for craft, where to source it and tips on how to grow your own.
- Preparing the armature.
- Binding, sewing and weaving techniques to begin sculpting the inner shape and form of your deer.
- Sculpting techniques, maintaining shape and form.
- Adding details such ears, antlers and tail
- Surface texture weaving technique.
- Aftercare and maintenance
A vegetarian lunch will be provided on the day + plenty of Tea, coffee & biscuits.
Full cost – £275
(To secure your place we require a £75 deposit to be made online)