Friday 23rd & Saturday 24th July 2021
9am – 5pm
Pirbright (venue TBC)
In this two-day course, students will have time to learn Sara’s in-depth techniques she uses to create her willow sculptures. She will guide you through the process from beginning to end. You will learn how to create a basic armature and how to work from pictures and photographs. Sara will guide you through her additive method of willow sculpture, to create a densely woven, realistic looking figurative piece.
- Tools and equipment, willow types and preparation for sculpture, how it is grown for craft, where to source it and tips on how to grow your own.
- Preparing the armature.
- Binding, sewing and weaving techniques to begin sculpting the inner shape and form of your figurative piece.
- Sculpting techniques, maintaining shape and form.
- Mastering many different weaving techniques, learning how and when to use them to maintain proportion and an even surface texture.
- Aftercare and maintenance
Taking your willow sculpture to the next level, this course will concentrate on the maintenance of shape and form through observation. You will learn how to sharpen already practised techniques and begin to feel an instinctive connection to the use of willow as a medium.
This is a Two Day course and will involve a small amount of research before the course date.
A vegetarian lunch is included aswell as plenty of Tea, coffee & biscuits.
Full cost – £275
(A £75 booking fee is required to secure your place)